Avian Solid Surfacing is a hard hygienic surfacing material which is designed to maintain its’ beauty and at the same time withstand the rigors of normal everyday wear and tear.
Here are some precautions to remember :
- Do not place extremely hot items on your countertop such as hot pans, electric frying pans, slow cookers, and toaster ovens. Direct heat will damage the surface. ALWAYS use a trivet.
- Most countertop materials can chip when something heavy is dropped on it or hits it.
- Use a cutting board when slicing or chopping. This will prevent scratches and dents in the countertop surface.
- For daily cleaning, using soap and water or non-abrasive liquid cleaners will remove most surface dirt, stains and smudges. Thoroughly rinse and wipe completely dry after cleaning to prevent water marks.
- To restore the countertops original matte finish, or to remove more difficult stains, minor cigarette burns and minor scratches use an abrasive pad like a 3M Scotch-Brite “Green Pad” along with some abrasive cleanser, like Vim, cut with a small amount of water. With a light pressure, rub over the area using a straight line motion in one direction then changing direction by 90 degrees. The finish in the sanded area will be a matte finish and may not match the rest of the countertop. Rub over a larger area to blend in the finish.
- Nicks, gouges or deep scratches can be repaired by a professional fabricator. Done properly, the end result of these repairs will be indistinguishable from the original surface.
If in doubt, call Coni-marble at either
519-453-0100 or 519-461-0100
and speak to one of our professionals.